Hi there, and welcome to my blog! This is an outlet for my thoughts, randum ideas, strange things... etc. and hey! your comments are much appreciated! :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Acceptance


Acceptance. We all struggle with it. With ourselves, with others. Why? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I myself have a problem with it... which is probably why I have been thinking about it so much. lol. Back to subject. Starting with myself / yourself... why is self acceptance so hard? Truly! If I believe in my Amazing Creator, and the fact that He knows all things, that He knows the Best in Everything... why is it so hard to accept the fact that He has created me to His desire. He has a purpose for you, for me. He has that Perfect Plan. The way I look, is perfect. I am, you are, a beautiful person. Yes, I mean that. God created us this way, so of course. It may not be perfect in my eyes, or in my fellow human peoples eyes. But, than what is? So I become discontented with the way I look, or the way I act, etc... and spend ever so much time trying to change this, so that my peers may look at me and think well of me. It's all about lifting myself up. Right? Obviously God did not give me this life to spend dwelling on myself and how defective I am. My life is for His Glory. Just a reminder.
     Accepting others... When I am not accepting of others I find it easy (personally) to gossip about this person. If I don't watch it I find myself watching this person (and though I may not be so ready to admit it),subconciously though it may be, for faults, for that 'irritating thing'. Does it make me feel better to pick on my peer? Is it a way of trying to lift myself up, by putting them down? Just questions I have to wonder about. I need to remember that God has created them as well as me, and that I really do not know what they are dealing with, personally. Perhaps they are struggling to walk through life, maybe they don't know my Father. Most of all, when I stop and think about it, my problem with accepting others will usually come back to self acceptance. Think about it.

5 comments:

  1. love this, such a good healthy reminder!
    blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. :) You are totally right. <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post...and so, so, true.

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it so much when people pick on themselves =( It makes me sad. Sometimes it's a good thing when we want to change ourselves, because it's good when we work on our weaknesses. But I definitely agree with you. All of us need to realize that we are something beautiful that God made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than a coincidence... I had an epiphany about this less than hour ago. :O

    ReplyDelete

What people have to say: