Hi there, and welcome to my blog! This is an outlet for my thoughts, randum ideas, strange things... etc. and hey! your comments are much appreciated! :)

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Surrendering a Dream...

Struggling,

       Crying.

                      Reaching...

Reaching for that,
That which is beyond my reach.
It's there... sparkling, beckoning,
calling my name,
yet, as I,

Hopefully,

   Reach for it.
It slips elusively, from
my fingertips.
Grazing them with an enchanting
touch.

Once I held this dream. 
This beautiful dream.
Consisting of a colorful ambrosia, of
everything sweet. It held
also
        pain...
               tears...
It held a future.

Once I held this dream...
possessively, not without
utmost care... yet,

it slipped,
from my grasp.
so quietly.

I'm on this road,

this rocky trail, through a jungle of
dark thoughts, hopelessly
entangled with bright
memories.

always whispering to me,

feeding my mind with,

forgotten laughter, 
fragments of sparkling remembrances,
a time that is only to be dashed,
in a million
pieces.

My dream lies before me, so tantalizing,
yet I want to
cry, to
      give up 
this road.

Than, I look up.
and see Him. HE!
who clears an overgrown
path. 

He calls, and the sweet tones
caress my tired ears.

He asks me to trust
my dream to Him. He
promises to care for it.
Carefully.

I give it to Him, tears streaking
my cheeks. And I
walk beside Him, down a path,
void of troublesome thoughts...

yes

My dream is there. 
my hope.

It lies ahead,
always

it beckons me...
yet, I am content to leave,
It in my Fathers 
care.




I wrote this a while back in a notebook of mine, as I experienced this. And came across it today. I hope this can be an inspiration to someone somewhere. 

...au revoir...

4 comments:

  1. INspiration. To lil old me, Here. Now. :') <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is Wonderfully written!! It almost brought tears to my eyes because it is My feelings exactly!!:')

    ReplyDelete

What people have to say: