Hi there, and welcome to my blog! This is an outlet for my thoughts, randum ideas, strange things... etc. and hey! your comments are much appreciated! :)

Saturday, December 10, 2011

??? Human Doings ???

I was watching a video the other day, and the guy speaking made a comment that has stuck with me ever since.

"We are to be, God is to do. We are human 'beings', not human 'doings'. "

The more I think about this comment the more it impresses me. Somedays I think about me, my life, as a Christian and I can start down the track of thinking, that, since I am a Christian surely I should be doing something that will show people about how I believe etc. Kinda like trying to produce "fruits" of my own self, if that makes sense. Really I just need to keep Jesus in my fore-front. And as long as I am serving Him how I should be, I don't need to worry about what I am/will be doing, because God is and will be working through me, all of His own Self. It's nothing I can do, plus looking at it from a different angle, if I create my own "fruits" than it definitely won't be bringing God any Glory at all... which is the entire purpose of my creation in the first place... so really... just remember that comment, take it with you, and never forget your purpose! 
Peace~

btw peoples i love hearing your comments....

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I totally agree & It’s so cool because I’ve also heard a minister I watch say that quote as well! Where’d you hear it? I love this part of your post so much: “It's nothing I can do, plus looking at it from a different angle, if I create my own "fruits" than it definitely won't be bringing God any Glory at all... which is the entire purpose of my creation in the first place…”
    Awesome post!!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGOnhw1j8ig is where i heard it! :)

    ReplyDelete

What people have to say: